BARRICK GOLD is the gold industry leader, with interests in 25 operating mines and a pipeline of projects located across five continents, in addition to large land positions on some of the most prolific mineral districts. A public company (ABX), Barrick has the largest unhedged gold production and gold reserves and the largest market capitalization in the industry, with 20,034 employees.
“We started off our Knowledge Centre project with nothing, Boris shaped up the product from both the User Experience and Business goals; he gave us the direction to follow. The final User Interface was a remarkable leap. Our adoption rates increased 35% in two months”
Cora Stauber. Project Manager. Information Technology. Barrick Gold Corporation.
Getting the right requirements was a key aspect for this project. Heavily depending on Information Architecture, the main use case was to bring information to a specialists on the field; proper organization of the information and accessibility was paramount.
Main activities involved in this tenure:
- Created Application Information Architecture from business requirements
- Steered the desired User Experience to match business goals and service design
- Delivered sitemaps, workflow diagrams and demos, as part of the Visual Design for three intranet sites
- Interacted with three different departments in requirements gathering sessions, business goals, persona design and IA sessions to create User Interfaces and Experience Maps
- Translated UI into HTML code and CSS styles for linkage with Enterprise Content Management products